router RT-AC3100 print
The ASUS RT-AC3100 router has Gigabit
WiFi, 4 Gigabit ETH-ports and
It has a total combined WiFi throughput of 3100 Mpbs. It also supports custom firmwares like: dd-wrt.
Flashing Custom Firmwares
RT-AC3100 router specifications (specs)
CPU: 1.4 GHz
RAM: 512 MiB
Flash: 128 MiB
Custom firmwares: dd-wrt
WiFi: Gigabit (abgn+ac)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
WiFi throughput: 3100 Mpbs
WAN: 1 Gigabit port
ETH: 4 Gigabit ports
Hard reset instructions for ASUS RT-AC3100
If your RT-AC3100 router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not being
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your ASUS RT-AC3100 in the following way(s):
Through the web-interface
- Open your browser and navigate to the default gateway ip (check default settings below)
- Sign in to the web-interface with the username and password you have selected, or try the defaulr username and password (check default settings below)
- Under the advanced settings menu, select administration
- Find the link "Restore/Save/Upload Setting"
- Beside Factory default click on Restore
- If prompted, click ok
With the reset button on the router
- Locate the reset button on the backside of your unit
- with a sharp object, e.g. a paperclip or pencil, press and hold the reset button for 5s or until the power led starts flashing
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
If that doesn't work be sure to check out the
questions and answers
incase someone else has had similar problems resetting their router.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for ASUS RT-AC3100
If you have performed a reset of your RT-AC3100 device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default Gateway IP: 192.168.1.1 ASUS login instructions
Default username: admin ASUS router default password list
Default password: admin
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.1.1
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
User Manuals for RT-AC3100
Do you still have questions concerning the router that you can't find online? You can always try the manuals where most questions should be answered from the manufacturer. Below are the device manuals available for your RT-AC3100.
|save User Manual (click to download)||1.99 MB||May 25, 2015|
Staying up to date with the latest firmware is a good idea to keep your router even more secure
from various security flaws.
If you want to squeeze a little bit of extra functionality out of your router, consider flashing an open-source firmware like dd-wrt, openWRT or LEDE. Flashing a custom ROM can greatly increase the stability and functionality of your old router.
Following are the firmwares that we have identified existing for the ASUS RT-AC3100:
Flashing dd-wrt on the ASUS RT-AC3100
Since the RT-AC3100 has 128 MiB of flash memory, you should be able to run
dd-wrt with full functionality without having to worry too much about which firmware to
We haven't find any specific instructions for flashin dd-wrt onto the ASUS
RT-AC3100, but you can read the
over at dd-wrt to get a clue on how to proceed (As this model is listed as
Note: Always make sure to read the wiki and howtos of dd-wrt before doing any flashing.
ASUS stock firmware for the RT-AC3100
Stock firmwares for the RT-AC3100 are available under the download section on the modem's support page. You can also refer to the router's manual for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware.