router RT-N300 print N300 Wi-Fi Router
RT-N300 router specifications (specs)
CPU: 600 MHz
RAM: 32 MiB
Flash: 8 MiB
Custom firmwares: None
WiFi: Gigabit (bgn)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz
WiFi throughput: n/a
WAN: 1 100mbps port
ETH: 4 100mbps ports
Hard reset instructions for ASUS RT-N300
If your RT-N300 router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not being
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your ASUS RT-N300 in the following way(s):
Through the web-interface
- Open your browser and navigate to the default gateway ip (check default settings below)
- Sign in to the web-interface with the username and password you have selected, or try the defaulr username and password (check default settings below)
- Under the advanced settings menu, select administration
- Find the link "Restore/Save/Upload Setting"
- Beside Factory default click on Restore
- If prompted, click ok
With the reset button on the router
- Locate the reset button on the backside of your unit
- with a sharp object, e.g. a paperclip or pencil, press and hold the reset button for 5s or until the power led starts flashing
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
If that doesn't work be sure to check out the
questions and answers
incase someone else has had similar problems resetting their router.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for ASUS RT-N300
If you have performed a reset of your RT-N300 device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default Gateway IP: 192.168.1.1 ASUS login instructions
Default username: admin ASUS router default password list
Default password: admin
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.1.1
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
User Manuals for RT-N300
Do you still have questions concerning the router that you can't find online? You can always try the manuals where most questions should be answered from the manufacturer. Below are the device manuals available for your RT-N300.
|save Users Manual (click to download)||2.17 MB||Aug. 1, 2015|