AC6 router specifications (specs)
CPU: 900 MHz
RAM: 64 MiB
Flash: 8 MiB
Custom firmwares: None
WiFi: Gigabit (abgn+ac)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
WiFi throughput: n/a
WAN: 1 x 100mbps port
ETH: 3 x 100mbps ports
Hard reset instructions for Tenda AC6
If your AC6 router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your Tenda AC6 in the following way(s):
Through the web interface
- Open your web browser and go to routers web interface (check default settings below)
- Sign in with your username/password or check default settings below
- Once logged in to the interface locate System tools and click it
- Under System tools locate Restore to factory and click it
- On the resulting page click the Restore button, click Ok if prompted
- Wait for the reboot progress to finalize
With the reset button
- Have the power plugged in and powered on
- Locate the Reset/WPS button on your router
- With a sharp object (e.g. paperclip) press and hold the button for 7 seconds
- When the SYS light stops blinking, release the reset button.
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
If that doesn't work be sure to check out the
questions and answers
incase someone else has had similar problems resetting their router.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for Tenda AC6
If you have performed a reset of your AC6 device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default Gateway IP: 192.168.0.1 Tenda login instructions
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.0.1
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
User Manuals for AC6
Do you still have questions concerning the router that you can't find online? You can always try the manuals where most questions should be answered from the manufacturer. Below are the device manuals available for your AC6.
|User Manual (click to download)||433.77 kB||Sept. 27, 2016|
Staying up to date with the latest firmware is a good idea to keep your router even more
from various security flaws.
If you want to squeeze a little bit of extra functionality out of your router, consider flashing an open-source firmware like dd-wrt, openWRT or LEDE. Flashing a custom ROM can greatly increase the stability and functionality of your old router.
Following are the firmwares that we have identified existing for the Tenda AC6:
Tenda stock firmware for the AC6
Stock firmwares for the AC6 are available under the download section on the modem's support page. You can also refer to the router's manual for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)