How to reset your Verizon router
And restore the default password and settings
If your Verizon router is acting up, or you have forgotten your password, you can reset it to get it back to the defaults.
There are two fairly easy ways to do this:
- Option 1: Reset through the admin interface
- Option 2: Pressing the reset button
When you reset your Verizon router all the current settings will also be lost, consider this before performing the reset.
Option 1: Reset through the admin interface
If your Verizon router configuration is still working, and you know the admin password, you can use this option.
Once you have all things needed from the checklist we can continue resetting your Verizon router.
- Open a web browser of your choosing (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, ..)
Common IPs for Verizon routers are:
Login to your device with your username and password. The most common combination for Verizon routers is
None / ''randomly generated''
The reset page can differ a bit depending on your Verizon model, look for the following:
- Setting > Backup and Restore > Restore factory defaults
- Click the factory reset / restore option and confirm if needed
- Wait for a while for the router to reboot.
Option 2: Pressing the reset button
If you don't remember the password to your Verizon your router, or it is not working, this is probably the way to go.
- Physical access to the Verizon router/modem.
A paperclip or similar sharp object.
(This might not be needed, depending on which Verizon model you have)
Step 1: Locate the reset button
The reset button is usually hidden inside a small hole, but sometimes also sticking out like a normal button.
Step 2: Perform the Verizon reset sequence
The reset sequence for your router is as follows:
- Ensure that the device is powered on
- Press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds.
- When the LED lights start flashing, let go of the reset button
- Wait a minute or so for the LED lights to start lighting as usual.
Your Verizon router is now reset to its factory defaults.