EPG5000 router specifications (specs)
RAM: 256 MiB
Flash: 32 MiB
Custom firmwares: OpenWrt
WiFi: Gigabit (abgn+ac)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
WiFi throughput: n/a
WAN: 1 x N/A port
ETH: 4 x N/A ports
EnGenius EPG5000 review (quick overview)
Here is the quick comparison of how the EnGenius EPG5000 compares to other routers on our site:
For a full list of routers and how they compare to the EPG5000, check the Router Buying Guide which will help you buy the most price-competitive router.
Hard reset instructions for EnGenius EPG5000
If your EPG5000 router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your EnGenius EPG5000 in the following way(s):
Through the web interface
- Open a web browser and go to the address of the router (check default settings below)
- Sign in with your username/password, if unchanged check default settings below
- Locate Management in the menu and click it
- Click on Configure
- On the Configure page click on the Reset button, if prompted click Ok
- Wait for router to reboot
With the reset button
- Have the router plugged in and turned on
- Locate the reset button (it's usually labeled reset or RESET/WPS)
- With a sharp object, for example a paperclip, press and hold the reset button for at least 11 seconds
- When the POWER led starts blinking release the reset button
- Wait for the router to reboot.
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
If that doesn't work be sure to check out the
questions and answers
incase someone else has had similar problems resetting their router.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for EnGenius EPG5000
If you have performed a reset of your EPG5000 device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)