TEW-821DAP V1.0R router specifications (specs)
Custom firmwares: None
WiFi: Gigabit (abgn+ac)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
WiFi throughput: n/a
ETH: 1 x N/A port
TRENDnet TEW-821DAP review (quick overview)
Here is the quick comparison of how the TRENDnet TEW-821DAP compares to other routers on our site:
For a full list of routers and how they compare to the TEW-821DAP V1.0R, check the Router Buying Guide which will help you buy the most price-competitive router.
Hard reset instructions for TRENDnet TEW-821DAP V1.0R
If your TEW-821DAP V1.0R router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your TRENDnet TEW-821DAP V1.0R in the following way(s):
With the reset button
- Have the unit plugged in and powered on
- Press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds (use a sharp pencil or a paperclip)
- Wait for the router to reboot
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
If that doesn't work be sure to check out the
questions and answers
incase someone else has had similar problems resetting their router.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for TRENDnet TEW-821DAP V1.0R
If you have performed a reset of your TEW-821DAP V1.0R device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default username: admin TRENDnet router default password list
Default password: admin
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)