DAP-2553 rev A1 router specifications (specs)
RAM: 64 MiB
Flash: 16 MiB
Custom firmwares: None
WiFi: 300mbps (abgn)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
WiFi throughput: n/a
ETH: 1 x Gigabit port
Hard reset instructions for D-Link DAP-2553 rev A1
If your DAP-2553 rev A1 router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your D-Link DAP-2553 rev A1 in the following way(s):
With the reset button
- Locate the reset button on the back off the router
- While the unit is powered on, press the reset button with a sharp object (e.g. paperclip)
- Hold the button pressed for 10 seconds, then release.
- The unit will reboot by itself and once the WLAN light stops blinking the factory reset is done.
- You can now setup your router again through the user interface
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
If that doesn't work be sure to check out the
questions and answers
incase someone else has had similar problems resetting their router.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for D-Link DAP-2553 rev A1
If you have performed a reset of your DAP-2553 rev A1 device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default Gateway IP: 192.168.0.50 D-Link login instructions
Default username: admin D-Link router default password list
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.0.50
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
User Manuals for DAP-2553 rev A1
Do you still have questions concerning the router that you can't find online? You can always try the manuals where most questions should be answered from the manufacturer. Below are the device manuals available for your DAP-2553 rev A1.
|User manual (click to download)||2.22 MB||June 30, 2008|
DAP-2553 rev A1 Firmwares
Staying up to date with the latest firmware is a good idea to keep your router even more
from various security flaws.
If you want to squeeze a little bit of extra functionality out of your router, consider flashing an open-source firmware like dd-wrt, openWRT or LEDE. Flashing a custom ROM can greatly increase the stability and functionality of your old router.
Following are the firmwares that we have identified existing for the D-Link DAP-2553 rev A1:
D-Link stock firmware for the DAP-2553 rev A1
Stock firmwares for the DAP-2553 rev A1 are available under the download section on the modem's support page. You can also refer to the router's manual for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)