router TD-W8961ND v3.x print
TD-W8961ND v3.x router specifications (specs)
RAM: 8 MiB
Flash: 2 MiB
Custom firmwares: None
WiFi: 300mbps (bgn)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz
ETH: 4 100mbps ports
Hard reset instructions for TP-LINK TD-W8961ND v3.x
If your TD-W8961ND v3.x router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not being
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your TP-LINK TD-W8961ND v3.x in the following way(s):
Through the web interface
- Open a browser and navigate to the web interface of the router (check default settings below)
- In the menu look for System tools and under there find the Factory defaults option
- On the Factory defaults page click on the Restore button to perform the reset.
Withe the RESET/WPS button
- Have the unit powered on
- Press and hold the reset (sometimes reset/WPS) button for 10 seconds with a paperclip or other sharp object.
- When the SYS led start blinking quickly release the reset button and wait for router to boot back up.
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
If that doesn't work be sure to check out the
questions and answers
incase someone else has had similar problems resetting their router.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for TP-LINK TD-W8961ND v3.x
If you have performed a reset of your TD-W8961ND v3.x device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default username: admin TP-LINK router default password list
Default password: admin
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.1.1
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
User Manuals for TD-W8961ND v3.x
Do you still have questions concerning the router that you can't find online? You can always try the manuals where most questions should be answered from the manufacturer. Below are the device manuals available for your TD-W8961ND v3.x.
|save Users manual-FCC_rev (click to download)||2.42 MB||Feb. 5, 2013|
TD-W8961ND v3.x Firmwares
Staying up to date with the latest firmware is a good idea to keep your router even more secure
from various security flaws.
If you want to squeeze a little bit of extra functionality out of your router, consider flashing an open-source firmware like dd-wrt, openWRT or LEDE. Flashing a custom ROM can greatly increase the stability and functionality of your old router.
Following are the firmwares that we have identified existing for the TP-LINK TD-W8961ND v3.x:
TP-LINK stock firmware for the TD-W8961ND v3.x
Stock firmwares for the TD-W8961ND v3.x are available under the download section on the modem's support page. You can also refer to the router's manual for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware.