The TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1.x router has Gigabit WiFi, 4 N/A ETH-ports and 0 USB-ports. It has a total combined WiFi throughput of 2600 Mpbs.
It is also known as the TP-LINK AC2600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router.It also supports custom firmwares like: OpenWrt, LEDE Project
Flashing Custom Firmwares
Archer C2600 v1.x router specifications (specs)
CPU: 1.4 GHz
RAM: 512 MiB
Flash: 32 MiB
Custom firmwares: OpenWrt, LEDE Project
WiFi: Gigabit (abgn+ac)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
WiFi throughput: 2600 Mpbs
WAN: 1 x N/A port
ETH: 4 x N/A ports
Hard reset instructions for TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1.x
If your Archer C2600 v1.x router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1.x in the following way(s):
Through the web interface
- Open a browser and navigate to the web interface of the router (check default settings below)
- In the menu look for System tools and under there find the Factory defaults option
- On the Factory defaults page click on the Restore button to perform the reset.
Withe the RESET/WPS button
- Have the unit powered on
- Press and hold the reset (sometimes reset/WPS) button for 10 seconds with a paperclip or other sharp object.
- When the SYS led start blinking quickly release the reset button and wait for router to boot back up.
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1.x
If you have performed a reset of your Archer C2600 v1.x device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default Gateway IP: 192.168.0.1 TP-LINK login instructions
Default username: admin TP-LINK router default password list
Default password: admin
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.0.1
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
How to login to the Archer C2600 v1.x
To login to the AC2600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router and change the settings, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure you are connected to the router's network, either by Wi-Fi or ethernet cable.
- Open your browser and visit http://192.168.0.1
- You should be prompted with a login dialogue.
Enter the username:
adminand the password
Note: If you have already changed the password use that instead.
- You will now be logged in. If you haven't yet changed the defaul password, we recommend that you change it first thing you do after logging in.
If these instructions don't work for your router, you can always try a factory reset to get the default, or try some other common TP-LINK credentials, as they can usually be shared across models/variants.
Archer C2600 v1.x Firmwares
Staying up to date with the latest firmware is a good idea to keep your router even more
from various security flaws.
If you want to squeeze a little bit of extra functionality out of your router, consider flashing an open-source firmware like dd-wrt, openWRT or LEDE. Flashing a custom ROM can greatly increase the stability and functionality of your old router.
Following are the firmwares that we have identified existing for the TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1.x:
Flashing OpenWrt on the TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1.x
The TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1.x is supported by OpenWrt according to their Table of
flashing OpenWrt onto it should be quite straigthforward.
We couldn't find any specific instructions for flashin OpenWrt on the TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1.x, but since it's listed in their Table of Hardware as supported, you can head over to the OpenWrt install instructions and read on there.
Note: Flashing custom firmwares is always on you're on own risk. Make sure to read OpenWrt's wikis to understand the risks and how to proceed if something goes wrong.
Flashing LEDE Project on the Archer C2600 v1.x
The TP-LINK Archer C2600 v1.x is also supported by the LEDE Project.
To install LEDE aquire the correct firmware from their Firmware downloads page and then follow the instructions on their Quick Start Guide
Note: Make sure to read the LEDE wikis carefully before flashing.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)