DIR-600 rev B1/B2 router specifications (specs)
CPU: 320 MHz
RAM: 32 MiB
Flash: 4 MiB
Custom firmwares: dd-wrt, OpenWrt
WiFi: 300mbps (bgn)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz
WiFi throughput: n/a
WAN: 1 x 100mbps port
ETH: 4 x 100mbps ports
Hard reset instructions for D-Link DIR-600 rev B1/B2
If your DIR-600 rev B1/B2 router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your D-Link DIR-600 rev B1/B2 in the following way(s):
With the reset button
- Locate the reset button on the back off the router
- While the unit is powered on, press the reset button with a sharp object (e.g. paperclip)
- Hold the button pressed for 10 seconds, then release.
- The unit will reboot by itself and once the WLAN light stops blinking the factory reset is done.
- You can now setup your router again through the user interface
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for D-Link DIR-600 rev B1/B2
If you have performed a reset of your DIR-600 rev B1/B2 device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default username: admin D-Link router default password list
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.0.1
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
How to login to the DIR-600 rev B1/B2
To login to the DIR-600 rev B1/B2 router and change the settings, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure you are connected to the router's network, either by Wi-Fi or ethernet cable.
- Open your browser and visit http://192.168.0.1
- You should be prompted with a login dialogue.
Enter the username:
adminand if it requires a password, leave it empty or try with
Note: If you have already changed the password use that instead.
- You will now be logged in. If you haven't yet changed the defaul password, we recommend that you change it first thing you do after logging in.
If these instructions don't work for your router, you can always try a factory reset to get the default, or try some other common D-Link credentials, as they can usually be shared across models/variants.
DIR-600 rev B1/B2 Firmwares
Staying up to date with the latest firmware is a good idea to keep your router even more
from various security flaws.
If you want to squeeze a little bit of extra functionality out of your router, consider flashing an open-source firmware like dd-wrt, openWRT or LEDE. Flashing a custom ROM can greatly increase the stability and functionality of your old router.
Following are the firmwares that we have identified existing for the D-Link DIR-600 rev B1/B2:
Flashing dd-wrt on the D-Link DIR-600 rev B1/B2
Since the DIR-600 rev B1/B2 has 4 MiB of flash memory, you should choose a
stripped down version of dd-wrt that fits on the smaller flash.
Instructions on how to flash dd-wrt onto your D-Link DIR-600 rev B1/B2 can be found on the dd-wrt wiki
Note: Always make sure to read the wiki and howtos of dd-wrt before doing any flashing.
Flashing OpenWrt on the D-Link DIR-600 rev B1/B2
The D-Link DIR-600 rev B1/B2 is supported by OpenWrt according to their Table of
flashing OpenWrt onto it should be quite straigthforward.
To get started with the flashing, head over to the OpenWrt instructions for DIR-600 rev B1/B2 and they'll take it from there.
Note: Flashing custom firmwares is always on you're on own risk. Make sure to read OpenWrt's wikis to understand the risks and how to proceed if something goes wrong.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)