AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
The Netgear R6400v2 router has Gigabit WiFi, 4 Gigabit ETH-ports and 0 USB-ports. It has a total combined WiFi throughput of 1750 Mpbs.
It is also known as the Netgear AC1750 Smart WiFi Router.
R6400v2 router specifications (specs)
CPU: 1 GHz
RAM: 256 MiB
Flash: 128 MiB
Custom firmwares: None
WiFi: Gigabit (abgn+ac)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
WiFi throughput: 1750 Mpbs
WAN: 1 x Gigabit port
ETH: 4 x Gigabit ports
Hard reset instructions for Netgear R6400v2
If your R6400v2 router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your Netgear R6400v2 in the following way(s):
With the reset button
- Have the router powered on (if just booted wait around one minute for it to load)
- With a sharp pen or paper clip, press down the Restore Factory Settings button and hold it for about 7 seconds
- When the power light starts to blink you can release the reset button and wait for the router to start up
- The power light will be solid (not blinking) once the router is started.
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for Netgear R6400v2
If you have performed a reset of your R6400v2 device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default password: password
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
Staying up to date with the latest firmware is a good idea to keep your router even more
from various security flaws.
If you want to squeeze a little bit of extra functionality out of your router, consider flashing an open-source firmware like dd-wrt, openWRT or LEDE. Flashing a custom ROM can greatly increase the stability and functionality of your old router.
Following are the firmwares that we have identified existing for the Netgear R6400v2:
Netgear stock firmware for the R6400v2
Stock firmwares for the R6400v2 are available under the download section on the modem's support page. You can also refer to the router's manual for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)