Orbi Cable Router (CBR40)
The Netgear Orbi Cable Router (CBR40) router has Gigabit WiFi, 4 N/A ETH-ports and 0 USB-ports. It has a total combined WiFi throughput of 2200 Mpbs.
Best Mid-end routers: buying guide
Orbi Cable Router (CBR40) router specifications (specs)
CPU: 600 MHz + 716 MHz
RAM: 128 MiB + 512 MiB
Flash: 128 MiB + 256 MiB
Custom firmwares: None
WiFi: Gigabit (abgn+ac)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
WiFi throughput: 2200 Mpbs
ETH: 4 x N/A ports
Netgear Orbi Cable Router review (quick overview)
Here is the quick comparison of how the Netgear Orbi Cable Router compares to other routers on our site:
For a full list of routers and how they compare to the Orbi Cable Router (CBR40), check the Router Buying Guide which will help you buy the most price-competitive router.
Hard reset instructions for Netgear Orbi Cable Router (CBR40)
If your Orbi Cable Router (CBR40) router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your Netgear Orbi Cable Router (CBR40) in the following way(s):
With the reset button
- Have the router powered on (if just booted wait around one minute for it to load)
- With a sharp pen or paper clip, press down the Restore Factory Settings button and hold it for about 7 seconds
- When the power light starts to blink you can release the reset button and wait for the router to start up
- The power light will be solid (not blinking) once the router is started.
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
If that doesn't work be sure to check out the
questions and answers
incase someone else has had similar problems resetting their router.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for Netgear Orbi Cable Router (CBR40)
If you have performed a reset of your Orbi Cable Router (CBR40) device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default password: password
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)