The Netgear Orbi Router (RBR50) router has Gigabit WiFi, 3 N/A ETH-ports and 0 USB-ports. It has a total combined WiFi throughput of 3000 Mpbs.
It is also known as the Netgear Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router.
Best Low-end routers: buying guide
Orbi Router (RBR50) router specifications (specs)
CPU: 716 MHz
RAM: 512 MiB
Flash: 32 MiB
Custom firmwares: None
WiFi: Gigabit (abgn+ac)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
WiFi throughput: 3000 Mpbs
WAN: 1 x N/A port
ETH: 3 x N/A ports
Netgear Orbi Router review (quick overview)
Here is the quick comparison of how the Netgear Orbi Router compares to other routers on our site:
For a full list of routers and how they compare to the Orbi Router (RBR50), check the Router Buying Guide which will help you buy the most price-competitive router.
Hard reset instructions for Netgear Orbi Router (RBR50)
If your Orbi Router (RBR50) router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your Netgear Orbi Router (RBR50) in the following way(s):
With the reset button
- Have the router powered on (if just booted wait around one minute for it to load)
- With a sharp pen or paper clip, press down the Restore Factory Settings button and hold it for about 7 seconds
- When the power light starts to blink you can release the reset button and wait for the router to start up
- The power light will be solid (not blinking) once the router is started.
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
If that doesn't work be sure to check out the
questions and answers
incase someone else has had similar problems resetting their router.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for Netgear Orbi Router (RBR50)
If you have performed a reset of your Orbi Router (RBR50) device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default Gateway IP: 192.168.1.1 Netgear login instructions
Default username: admin Netgear router default password list
Default password: password
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.1.1
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
How to login to the Orbi Router (RBR50)
To login to the Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router and change the settings, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure you are connected to the router's network, either by Wi-Fi or ethernet cable.
- Open your browser and visit http://192.168.1.1
- You should be prompted with a login dialogue.
Enter the username:
adminand the password
Note: If you have already changed the password use that instead.
- You will now be logged in. If you haven't yet changed the defaul password, we recommend that you change it first thing you do after logging in.
If these instructions don't work for your router, you can always try a factory reset to get the default, or try some other common Netgear credentials, as they can usually be shared across models/variants.
Orbi Router (RBR50) Firmwares
Staying up to date with the latest firmware is a good idea to keep your router even more
from various security flaws.
If you want to squeeze a little bit of extra functionality out of your router, consider flashing an open-source firmware like dd-wrt, openWRT or LEDE. Flashing a custom ROM can greatly increase the stability and functionality of your old router.
Following are the firmwares that we have identified existing for the Netgear Orbi Router (RBR50):
Netgear stock firmware for the Orbi Router (RBR50)
Stock firmwares for the Orbi Router (RBR50) are available under the download section on the modem's support page. You can also refer to the router's manual for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)