How to Download Songs from Amazon using your Web BrowserPosted April 20, 2020, 7:17 a.m. by Emil S.
Amazon Music (formerly called the Amazon MP3 Store) has free software that allows you to purchase and download songs to your laptop or device. After purchasing songs (or if you have a subscription to Amazon Prime Music), you can use the music in many ways, like sharing the files with a desktop app or mobile.
Amazon's app for downloading MP3 files seems to be the fastest method to download songs to your device. However, there you have the option to save music using your browser, so you don’t need to download the app.
Download Songs From Amazon on your Web Browser
- Log in to Amazon Music using your usual Amazon email or phone number and password.
- Look for the song/s you want to download under the ‘My Music’ section at the left portion on the Amazon Music screen.
- Check the tick box beside the song/s you wish to download with the browser, then tap the ‘Download’ button. If you want all items on the list, check the tick box at the topmost portion to select all of them.
- If you intend to download songs in the Purchased selection, you will see a list of all the songs you have purchased on Amazon. A prompt will appear, asking if you prefer using the Amazon Music app to save the songs. Click the ‘No thanks’ link to download the selected song/s not utilizing the app. A message may pop up saying that you should authorize your device first before proceeding to download the selection.
- To do this, tap the ‘Authorize device’ button to enable your computer to download the selected song/s.
Buy Songs Using Amazon Music
If you want to purchase songs with Amazon Music, log in then:
- Access Amazon's Digital Music portion to browse for songs you can purchase.
- Use the search bar to find a particular song or music quickly. Alternatively, you can browse for songs on the Menu at the left portion.
- After finding the song/s you want, you can proceed in two ways to buy the song/s:
- Use the Cart button to add it to your MP3 cart, so you can keep shopping before making the purchase, or;
- Use the Buy button (a link that indicates the song price).
- After buying the song/s on Amazon, you will receive a message indicating that your order is now complete. Also, on that screen, you will see a ‘Play Now’ button so you can listen to the song. There will also be a ‘Download Purchases’ button so you can save the MP3 file immediately.
If you're looking at an entire song album, and you want to download the whole album as a ZIP file, the download button is hidden away in a small button with three vertical dots. To select a specific song to download out of the album, you can hover your mouse over the song to see a different three-dot button that lets you download just that one song.