WAP54G v3.1 router specifications (specs)
RAM: 8 MiB
Flash: 2 MiB
Custom firmwares: dd-wrt, OpenWrt
WiFi: 54mbps (bg)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz
WiFi throughput: n/a
ETH: 1 x 100mbps port
Hard reset instructions for Linksys WAP54G v3.1
If your WAP54G v3.1 router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your Linksys WAP54G v3.1 in the following way(s):
Through the web interface
- Open your browser and navigate to the router interface (check default settings below)
- Under the Administration tab you will find a sub-tab called Factory defaults
- On the Factory defaults page click the button labeled Restore Factory Defaults
With the reset button
- Have your unit powered on
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds until the power light starts blinking, then release.
- When the power light goes solid, unplug the power to the router for 10 seconds
- Plug the power back in and start the router
- When the power light goes solid again the router is ready to use.
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for Linksys WAP54G v3.1
If you have performed a reset of your WAP54G v3.1 device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default password: admin
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.1.245
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
WAP54G v3.1 Firmwares
Staying up to date with the latest firmware is a good idea to keep your router even more
from various security flaws.
If you want to squeeze a little bit of extra functionality out of your router, consider flashing an open-source firmware like dd-wrt, openWRT or LEDE. Flashing a custom ROM can greatly increase the stability and functionality of your old router.
Following are the firmwares that we have identified existing for the Linksys WAP54G v3.1:
Flashing dd-wrt on the Linksys WAP54G v3.1
Since the WAP54G v3.1 has 2 MiB of flash memory, you should choose a
stripped down version of dd-wrt that fits on the smaller flash.
Instructions on how to flash dd-wrt onto your Linksys WAP54G v3.1 can be found on the dd-wrt wiki
Note: Always make sure to read the wiki and howtos of dd-wrt before doing any flashing.
Flashing OpenWrt on the Linksys WAP54G v3.1
The Linksys WAP54G v3.1 is supported by OpenWrt according to their Table of
flashing OpenWrt onto it should be quite straigthforward.
To get started with the flashing, head over to the OpenWrt instructions for WAP54G v3.1 and they'll take it from there.
Note: Flashing custom firmwares is always on you're on own risk. Make sure to read OpenWrt's wikis to understand the risks and how to proceed if something goes wrong.
Linksys stock firmware for the WAP54G v3.1
Stock firmwares for the WAP54G v3.1 are available under the download section on the modem's support page. You can also refer to the router's manual for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)