E1550 router specifications (specs)
RAM: 64 MiB
Flash: 16 MiB
Custom firmwares: dd-wrt, OpenWrt
WiFi: 300mbps (bgn)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz
WiFi throughput: n/a
WAN: 1 x 100mbps port
ETH: 4 x 100mbps ports
Hard reset instructions for Linksys E1550
If your E1550 router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your Linksys E1550 in the following way(s):
Through the web interface
- Open your browser and navigate to the router interface (check default settings below)
- Under the Administration tab you will find a sub-tab called Factory defaults
- On the Factory defaults page click the button labeled Restore Factory Defaults
With the reset button
- Have your unit powered on
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds until the power light starts blinking, then release.
- When the power light goes solid, unplug the power to the router for 10 seconds
- Plug the power back in and start the router
- When the power light goes solid again the router is ready to use.
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for Linksys E1550
If you have performed a reset of your E1550 device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default password: admin
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.1.1
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
Staying up to date with the latest firmware is a good idea to keep your router even more
from various security flaws.
If you want to squeeze a little bit of extra functionality out of your router, consider flashing an open-source firmware like dd-wrt, openWRT or LEDE. Flashing a custom ROM can greatly increase the stability and functionality of your old router.
Following are the firmwares that we have identified existing for the Linksys E1550:
Flashing dd-wrt on the Linksys E1550
Since the E1550 has 16 MiB of flash memory, you should be able to
dd-wrt with full functionality without having to worry too much about which firmware
We haven't find any specific instructions for flashin dd-wrt onto the Linksys
E1550, but you can read the
over at dd-wrt to get a clue on how to proceed (As this model is listed as
Note: Always make sure to read the wiki and howtos of dd-wrt before doing any flashing.
Flashing OpenWrt on the Linksys E1550
The Linksys E1550 is supported by OpenWrt according to their Table of
flashing OpenWrt onto it should be quite straigthforward.
We couldn't find any specific instructions for flashin OpenWrt on the Linksys E1550, but since it's listed in their Table of Hardware as supported, you can head over to the OpenWrt install instructions and read on there.
Note: Flashing custom firmwares is always on you're on own risk. Make sure to read OpenWrt's wikis to understand the risks and how to proceed if something goes wrong.
Linksys stock firmware for the E1550
Stock firmwares for the E1550 are available under the download section on the modem's support page. You can also refer to the router's manual for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)