Dual-Band N750 Wireless Router with ADSL2+ Modem and USB
The Linksys X3500 router has 300mbps WiFi, 4 N/A ETH-ports and 0 USB-ports.
It is also known as the Linksys Dual-Band N750 Wireless Router with ADSL2+ Modem and USB.
X3500 router specifications (specs)
CPU: 400 MHz
RAM: 128 MiB
Flash: 16 MiB
Custom firmwares: None
WiFi: 300mbps (abgn)
WiFi bands: 2.4GHz & 5GHz
WiFi throughput: n/a
WAN: 1 x N/A port
ETH: 4 x N/A ports
Linksys X3500 review (quick overview)
Here is the quick comparison of how the Linksys X3500 compares to other routers on our site:
For a full list of routers and how they compare to the X3500, check the Router Buying Guide which will help you buy the most price-competitive router.
Hard reset instructions for Linksys X3500
If your X3500 router is not working as it should, dropping connections or not
responsive, you should first do a reset of the router to see if the problems persist. Other
scenarios where you might want to reset your router is if you've forgotten the password or
misconfigured it and can't get access anymore.
Your can reset your Linksys X3500 in the following way(s):
Through the web interface
- Open your browser and navigate to the router interface (check default settings below)
- Under the Administration tab you will find a sub-tab called Factory defaults
- On the Factory defaults page click the button labeled Restore Factory Defaults
With the reset button
- Have your unit powered on
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds until the power light starts blinking, then release.
- When the power light goes solid, unplug the power to the router for 10 seconds
- Plug the power back in and start the router
- When the power light goes solid again the router is ready to use.
The 30-30-30 resetIf the above instructions don't work you can always try the 30-30-30 reset as follows:
- When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
- While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
- While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.
This process usually works for resetting any router to it's factory setting.
If that doesn't work be sure to check out the
questions and answers
incase someone else has had similar problems resetting their router.
Note: It is worth reading more about how to reset routers with the 30 30 30 reset and what the risks and considerations are when resetting your router this way, instead of just rebooting it.
Default factory settings for Linksys X3500
If you have performed a reset of your X3500 device or not changed the defaults, you should be able to access it with the following settings:
Default username: admin Linksys router default password list
Default password: admin
Default subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default DNS server: 192.168.1.1
Note: If you are using the default settings you should change them to increase security and prevent unathorized access to your network.
How to login to the X3500
To login to the Dual-Band N750 Wireless Router with ADSL2+ Modem and USB and change the settings, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure you are connected to the router's network, either by Wi-Fi or ethernet cable.
- Open your browser and visit http://192.168.1.1
- You should be prompted with a login dialogue.
Enter the username:
adminand the password
Note: If you have already changed the password use that instead.
- You will now be logged in. If you haven't yet changed the defaul password, we recommend that you change it first thing you do after logging in.
If these instructions don't work for your router, you can always try a factory reset to get the default, or try some other common Linksys credentials, as they can usually be shared across models/variants.
Report error on page
(If info is incorrect)